A hostel is a form of a hotel that provides inexpensive accommodations targeted at students, workers, and travelers. I have had my fair share of crappy hostels…people coming in and out of your room at all hours of the night, sharing a room with 20 other people, and worrying about losing your camera or passport if you keep them in the room. You have to share a bathroom with hundreds of people potentially and worry about the water pressure and whether you will even have hot water. You wonder if this hostel will be in the seediest part of the city because it’s so cheap.
While staying at a hostel is usually amazing, and you get to know other travelers, it’s always nice to have your own space. That’s why it’s nice to just rent a whole vacation rental especially if you’re traveling with a large group. If you’re thinking about coming to the Twain Harte area, or the Sierra Nevada Foothills with a youth group, large group, or large family event, look no further than renting your own vacation rental through Fun Cabin rentals.
Here are all the advantages of booking a full cabin at Fun Cabin Rentals instead of a hostel for large groups.
- HOME-COOKED MEALS: A kitchen to cook for everyone stacked with plates, cups, pots/pans, and everything else you need to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner for everyone. Everyone becomes a team when you prepare your own meals!
- LOTS OF ROOM: There are 6 beds plus a sofa sleeper making it ideal for bigger groups. Adults can use the queen bedrooms (2) and the kids can share the twin bedrooms (2) and the sofa bed. There is plenty of extra room for sleeping bags in the main living area, and in the summer, it’s fun to camp outside on the back deck!
- COST-SAVING: You can save a ton of money! Typically hostels charge per person, but vacation rentals share by the house without extra fees added for extra guests. For example, if a vacation rental is $225/night and you have 10 people staying there, that is $25/per person. You save even more money by having your own kitchen. Head to Twain Harte Market for fresh meats, eggs, snacks, etc and then cook in your own kitchen! You don’t have to worry about going out to fast food or finding a table for 20 people!
- SAFETY: You don’t have to worry about other travelers stealing your stuff because you’ll have keys to your own private cabin! You’ll also know everyone staying with you!
- RELAXING: There’s something to be said about hanging out outside on a deck, watching the deer wander around, and looking at the blue jays. Enjoy your time outside in the Sierra Nevada Foothills by having breakfast and dinner outside on the back deck. There are 2 big tables for large groups.
- LOCATION: You don’t have to drive everyone around because Fun Cabin Rentals has a convenient location to everything. Going to Twain Harte Lake, just walk about 15 minutes to the lake from Fun Cabin Rentals. Going to town or to play miniature golf? Just walk the other direction for about 15 minutes and you’re in the center of town!
- TRADITION: You can make it an annual event! We have a lot of groups that have made staying at Fun Cabin Rentals an annual tradition – from holiday events to family reunions, to scrapbooking weekends, to boy and girl scout troops, etc. These groups love it because there is a lot of space in the cabin, four bedrooms, and a large area to eat and hang out outside on the deck. There is also a big driveway for multiple SUVs or vans.
- CONVENIENCE: We have a laundry machine if your group needs to watch clothes, dry them, etc! If you are on a longer trip, you can bring less clothes and you don’t have to worry about finding a laundry mat if you’re clothes get dirty from all the fun you’re having in the Sierra Nevada Foothills!